We’re not talking workouts, ya’ll. I mean toner. . . A step that is often bypassed in skincare routines. Cleansing and moisturizing (I hope you are moisturizing) are the basics, but adding toner can really make a difference and improve the overall condition of your skin.
Toners can. . .
- help shrink pores
- remove any leftover impurities in the skin even after cleansing
- prime/prep skin for moisturizer and/or serums
- can contain active ingredients to address particular skin concerns/conditions.
Ideally, your skincare routine will look something like this:
- Apply SPF (if not included in moisturizer)
- Nightly serums or oils
There are many options for toners out there and the selection can be overwhelming at times. Especially if you are new to adding this to your skin care regime. Here are some suggestions that can target different skin care concerns to get you started:
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Rose and Aloe, $9
- Pixie Glow Tonic, $15
- Kiehl’s Calendula Toner, $21
- Origins United State Balancing Toner, $22
- Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner, $26
If you’re still hesitant about toner and want to ease into it, you can always just simply purchase witch hazel from the pharmaceutical aisle. However, please read the label and make sure there is no rubbing alcohol (aka isopropyl alcohol) listed on the bottle as this can be very drying to your face!! (Ouch )
Please comment below and share the name of your toner of choice and why it is your favorite 🙂